The Clapp Family

The Clapp Family
Gwyneth, Heath, Amy, Alan & Alana

Monday, December 8, 2014

Who Am I and Why Do You Care?

My name is Amy Clapp. I am a 52-year-old married mother of 3 children.
I am often teased by my friends and family that I “interview:” them by way of asking specific details about events in their day, life, etc.  I ask a lot of questions because I am genuinely curious about people’s lives.  I’ve not been accused of being nosy; I have a sincere interest and often comment in a positive way when someone confides in me.
With friends and family, I have a bit of a sarcastic wit and use that tact in a fun and/or constructive way.  I have a comfort level with people that allows me to feel like I can get to know them easily and let them know that I am authentic.
With regard to advice giving, I love to be witty and can come across as having a sharp, sarcastic sense of humor.  I have good insight as to when an issue is serious and I am able to respond accordingly.  I also recognize when a concern is ridiculous and can respond in a sarcastic and satirical way, without being hurtful.
I am very good at coming up with gentle ways to tell the truth without being hurtful or nasty.  I am often appreciated for this gift of counsel.
My life experience has been a journey and I come by my unique personality by way of experience, trial and error, and constant interest in and learning about people.  I have been exposed to a life that has been mine to learn from and I have gained appreciation for the things in life that changed who I am, and sent me in a different direction altogether. These paths lead to interesting places and everyone has a story to tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment